Website Strong Nation Community Services
· Be a part of making a difference in the local community
· Work close to home
· Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Strong Nation Community Services is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join their team in the role of Family Worker in their Early Years Family Support program.
Your new employer…
Strong Nation Community Services (SNC) a locally based non-government organisation funded by NSW Department of Communities & Justice to provide services to families in the Hawkesbury LGA.
SNC is a Christian organisation auspiced by Strong Nation Church, Hawkesbury so it is important all staff have a willingness to work within the Mission, Vision & Values of SNC and the church. Applicants are encouraged to read more about these statements on their website:
About the Program
Early Years Family Support Program is a voluntary and confidential program supporting families to have great relationships & providing children with opportunities for the best start in life. Clients include families with at least one child aged 3 years or under facing any number of issues such as parenting struggles, mental health, alcohol or other drugs, domestic violence & social isolation. Support provided can include parenting programs (in-home and/or groups), playgroup, home visiting, counselling (parents & children), case management, information, advocacy and referral.
About the Opportunity…
The role is Part Time at 21 hours per week, which can be worked over 3 or 4 days per week and is permanent as far as funding allows. May suit someone wanting to work school hours. Salary will be paid in accordance with the NSW SCHADS Award and this role will be classified at Level 5 (Pay Point to be determined with successful applicant). The role is based in Windsor but will require some travel throughout the Hawkesbury LGA for home visits and other commitments as necessary (travel reimbursement as per the Award).
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant with have sound experience in case management as well as strong communication skills and ability to build relationships and a solid background in working with families. A sound understanding of the local referral networks in Hawkesbury LGA & experience working with diverse communities will be highly regarded.
· Tertiary qualification(s) in Social Work, Social Science, Counselling, Psychology or related fields
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with families in a strengths-based, family focused and child centred framework
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of casework practice and key functions: assessment, planning and resource identification, linking families to services, advocacy, case review, family conferences, evaluation and closure
· Knowledge of solution focused, narrative and cognitive approaches to work with families
· Knowledge of trauma informed care
· Demonstrated willingness to engage families at the point of initial contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation
· Knowledge and understanding of early intervention and family support work with families, home visiting and parent education
· High level ability to liaise, network and maintain relationships with other service providers
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Time management and organisational skills
· Working knowledge of issues that may impact families i.e. Domestic Violence, Child Protection, Parent Drug and Alcohol Misuse, Parenting Skills, Child Behaviour Management, Learning Difficulties, Parental Mental Health and Social Isolation
· Ability to provide clearance of an NSW Working with Children check (or willingness to obtain)
· Ability to successfully complete the criminal background check (or willingness to obtain)
· Current NSW or National Driver’s Licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
· Working knowledge of the Data Exchange reporting system
· Working knowledge of the Hawkesbury LGA
· Cultural competence in working with CALD and Aboriginal families
What you’ll get in return…
· Salary Packaging options
· Training, Mentoring, Supervision and access to resources
· High level of diversity in role
· Excellent working environment
If you’re an experienced Family Worker looking to use your skills & experience in a meaningful and rewarding job for a great local community organisation, we would love to hear from you!
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Friday 3 July 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au.