Website Penrith Selective High School
General Assistant – Temporary Position – Terms 3 and 4, 2018
Mon to Thurs (0.8 Full Time Equivalent) OR Mon to Fri (1.0 FTE)
Penrith Selective High School requires an efficient and enthusiastic General Assistant to support the maintenance of the school and other key operational tasks.
Our school has a diverse population of 924 students and 85 members of staff. You will be responsible to the Principal and School Administration Manager.
This role is vital to the maintenance and upkeep of departmental schools.
To be successful in the role you will need to have good planning and prioritising skills and good communication skills to work effectively with others.
You will perform a range of tasks relating to the routine maintenance and upkeep of the Departmental School/grounds. The role may assist with the set up and removal of furniture and equipment for school activities. You will identify and report maintenance and safety issues. You will receive, store and distribute supplies and monitor equipment and report faults.
Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $56,726.00. The salary range for this position is $33,474.00 (up to 20 years of age) – $51,177.00 (from 20 years of age) per annum, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Job Type: Temporary
How to Apply? If you are interested in this role please apply via email:([email protected]) and attach a covering letter (max 2 pages) and your resume (max 5 pages) which clearly details how your capabilities, knowledge and experience can contribute to the success of this role. It is a requirement that you include the name and contact details of two referees.
Note: it is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via email. No paper based applications will be accepted.
If you are successfully progressed to interview, you will be required to provide your proof of identity information and complete a CRIMTRAC declaration you will also be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check.
Applications close: 3pm Wednesday 4th July, 2018
Key Information about the Role
Primary purpose of the role
Performs a range of tasks relating to the routine maintenance and upkeep of a Departmental school/grounds. The role may assist with the set-up and removal of furniture and equipment for school activities.
A General Assistant may be required, subject to Workplace Health and Safety obligations, to perform duties from the range listed:
* Organise rooms, furniture, audio visual aids, public address systems, lockers and other items/equipment for school activities as required; dismantle and store items when not in use (NB. the role is not responsible for operating audio visual equipment or public address systems)
* Identify and report maintenance / safety issues to the role supervisor; undertake minor maintenance of buildings and equipment not covered by contracts or requiring a qualified tradesperson
* Maintaining and caring for school grounds, including: mowing school lawns and playing fields; marking of school playing fields; preparation of ground for planting trees and shrubs and planting and watering of same; pruning shrubs, trimming hedges, light lopping and trimming of trees. Safely and proficiently operate mowers, tools and equipment; store and maintain mowers, tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
* Receive, store and/or distribute supplies in accordance with school procedures and safe work standards (e.g. chemical storage and handling); assist with school stocktakes as required
* Monitoring school security systems and reporting faults to the appropriate authority
* Other related duties of the role, within the capabilities of the General Assistant, as directed by the principal.
* Working cooperatively with the role supervisor to prioritise upcoming tasks
* Responding flexibly to competing / emerging minor maintenance priorities
* Maintaining cooperative relationships with teaching and non-teaching staff.
For further details, please refer to the following link: https://www.smore.com/w2vkp
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com