Website Junaya Family Development Services
Our client, Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS), is looking for two family workers who are qualified, experienced in case work, self-motivated and apply person-centred practice. Specifically:
· Family Worker (Learning Difficulty/Disability)
· Family Worker (Children and Family)
Your new employer…
JFDS provides family support, case work and group work activities to individuals, children, young people and their families experiencing vulnerability in the Blacktown Local Government area.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community!
Your new job…
Reporting to the General Manager, these are case management positions provides also providing advice, advocacy, referral and support to vulnerable members of the community.
· The Family Worker (Children and Family) role engages with and builds the capacity of families experiencing vulnerabilities e.g. parenting problems/concerns, domestic/family violence, child protection, relationship breakdown, mental health, disability, alcohol and other drugs and by lack of access to infrastructure provisions.
· The Family Worker (Learning Difficulty/Disability) role engages with and build the capacity of children, young people and their families impacted by disability/learning difficulties.
Both positions are Permanent Full Time at 35 hours per week. Salary for these roles are classified at level 4 in the NSW SCHADS Award (pay point to be determined depending on experience). The roles are based in Blacktown but some local travel is required, therefore you will need a current driver’s license and your own car.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will have expert knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and consequences of DFV, child protection. disability and learning difficulties, mental health, AOD, and have knowledge and understanding of the needs and rights of diverse people and families. You will also have excellent organisational, administrative and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Minimum qualifications as Diploma in Community Services/Case Management, Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent including overseas qualifications
· Minimum 2 years experience in the management and provision of casework services and group work activities to vulnerable children, young people and families experiencing domestic/family violence, child protection issues, disability and learning difficulties, mental health issues, alcohol & drug issues, homelessness and related issues and comprehensive understanding of the impact of these issues
· Demonstrated cultural competence
· Experience in building and maintaining constructive working relationships with key stakeholders and excellent networking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
· Knowledge of DEX Reporting System and Community Data Solutions (Client & Case Management)
· Fluency in a community language spoken in the Blacktown LGA (desirable)
What you’ll get in return…
· Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
· Some above Award conditions
· Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
· High level of diversity in role
· Supportive team environment
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the selection criteria in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Tuesday 9th March 2021
Employment requirements include the provision of a Working with Children Check clearance, agreement to undertake a Police Check, evidence of the right to work in Australia, current driver’s licence and own car.
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check, agree to a National Criminal History Check and be able to provide names of 2 work referees
To apply for this job please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au.