Website Scenic World
Scenic World is a third-generation family business that is passionate about sharing and promoting the Blue Mountains with the World. With a commitment to ensuring we always evolve; Scenic World strives to deliver unforgettable and world-class experiences to both visitors from Australia and abroad.
We’re seeking an experienced Electrician to join our Maintenance Team in a permanent full-time role. Our ideal sparky will have a systematic and process-oriented approach to work, to ensure our detailed drive inspection checks and daily processes are followed and our guests can ride safely. You will be self-motivated and eager to learn and keen to join a team where communication is a key focus.
We offer varied and interesting work, a positive workplace culture and a four-day x 9.5-hour pattern of work, which allows you to have time for your family, friends or recreational pursuits (there are many in this beautiful part of the world). You will join a fun team environment where you will feel part of the family.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Daily set up, inspection and nightly closure of drive systems for Scenic World’s Railway, Cableway and Skyway;
- Supervision of drive performance, recovery, repair and reset of rides upon breakdown, or as necessary;
- Carrying out of scheduled maintenance and inspections in association with other electrical and mechanical personnel and sign off;
- Testing and maintenance of emergency and recovery drives;
- Ensure that work is carried out with the utmost compliance in reference to AS/NZS 3000 and relevant WHS legislation;
- Carrying out electrical installation and services as required;
- Carrying out testing and tagging of site appliances and equipment;
- Carrying out inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of property services, and other site equipment as required.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you hold a valid NSW electrical license and a valid driver’s license (Class 1A). You will be able to drive a manual vehicle and will also be comfortable working at heights.
You will enjoy being part of a team and hold high standards when it comes to internal customer service and will actively contribute to the ongoing improvement of a positive Scenic World work culture.
Scenic World operates 365 days of the year, so some work will be required on weekends and public holidays.
Applications close Wednesday 7th August 2019!
Please apply through the Scenic World careers page (www.scenicworld.com.au/careers/)
For more information please contact Ashlee Tait or Jason Lumsden on (02) 4780 0200.
To apply for this job please visit www.scenicworld.com.au.