Website Penrith Christian School
Christian school with an Early Learning Centre for 2-5 year olds
Early Learning Educators
(2 full time permanent + 1 full time maternity leave role)
Commencing January 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Penrith Christian School is a well-established and vibrant Christian community, providing an exciting and innovative learning environment for 850 Preschool – Year 12 students, inclusive of an Early Learning Centre registered for 50 students per day, in our 21st Century Learning Facility at Orchard Hills. From 2021 we are also offering a program for younger children in our new Toddler room.
Our Early Learning Centre has an excellent reputation in our community for providing high quality, inclusive education and care. We offer a high staff-to-child ratio and are rated as ‘exceeding national quality standard’. Our Centre is open 48 weeks of the year and operates from 6.30am to 6.00pm.
We are seeking applications from experienced Early Learning Educators, who are committed Christians and active in their local church, to join our team. These roles we have available are:
- Full time permanent over four days per week
- Full time permanent over five days per week
- Full time maternity leave (12 months) over four days per week.
Within the Early Learning team, you will be jointly responsible for observation, planning, implementation and evaluation of the program, as well as parent and community liaison.
You will play an integral role working within the classrooms, alongside the educating team and led by the Early Learning Teacher, displaying a passion for the importance of play in a child’s development.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or Certificate III currently enrolled in Diploma course)
- Current Working With Children Check approval number
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, as well as Child Protection qualifications
- An active Christian faith and current church involvement
- A person of integrity with the ability to act as a positive role model and example of Christ’s love to children, families and colleagues
- Understanding of both the National Quality Framework and The Early Years Learning Framework
- Collaborative, innovative and effective Educator practices
- Excellent personal presentation
- A demonstrated capacity to work as a team member with other Educators and Early Childhood teachers responsible for the room
- Highly motivated, reliable and a flexible attitude
- Strong time management skills
On offer is a generous salary package with a range of benefits including:
- Salary significantly above the Early Childhood Award
- Access to copious resources and facilities as part of a Preschool to Year 12 school and Imagine Nations Church community
- Excellent teaching technologies
- Experienced team of educational professionals
- Opportunity to attend in-house and external training and PD courses
- Dedicated programming (RFF) time every week
- Staff uniform.
Applications close 4.00pm Thursday 12 November 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Only applicants who complete the official Employment Application form will be considered. Visit the PCS website www.pcs.nsw.edu.au/news/employment to download the Employment Application form. Please email your completed application and certified supporting documents to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.