Website MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees
Find your future trade
- Fantastic opportunity to turn your hands-on aptitude into a career in the vehicle building industry.
- Learn to build a variety of vehicle bodies and fit specialised equipment.
- Earning potential of a trade qualified Vehicle Body Builder is $90,000.00+ per year
- Hawkesbury region – South Windsor location
This full time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing, Technical Operations – Bus, Truck and Trailer via an apprenticeship of up to 48 months’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
In this rare and exciting opportunity, you will work alongside expert tradesmen in a workshop facility to build purpose-built bodies for a variety of vehicles, trailers and machinery. These will include semi-trailers, skip loaders, hooklift trucks, road tankers, front end loaders, cars, boats and agricultural machinery. You will be trained to develop the skills and knowledge to perform all required body modifications, repairs and rebuilds to these vehicles.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to developing a long-term career within the automotive trade. You will be enthusiastic to learn, willing to follow instructions and have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks.
- Have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling with a solid performance in mathematics.
- Have reliable transport to and from work on a full-time basis (essential).
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and high attention to detail.
- Take pride in completing all tasks to the highest standard.
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory based training modules of an apprenticeship.
Applicants who have completed pre-trade training and/or work experience within the automotive or metals and engineering fields will be very highly regarded.
Based in South Windsor, our well-established host employer is an industry specialist in all vehicle body modifications, repairs and rebuilds. They also provide services for mobile site welding and fabrication, vehicle inspections, mechanical repairs and rural equipment repairs. Their vast portfolio of expertise has cemented them as a one-stop-shop for their wide variety of customers, and as a reputed leader in the body repair industry.
To apply complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter that prove to us why YOU are the very best candidate for the available opportunity. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, MIGAS strongly encourages applications from, and actively advocates for, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.migas.com.au.