Website MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees
Find your future trade
- Start your career with a leading Australian manufacturer
- Finish early on Fridays
- Earning potential of a trade qualified Fitter Machinist is up to $100,000.00 per year.
- Western Sydney region – Wetherill Park location
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade via an apprenticeship of up to 4 years’ duration. You will have the ability to earn a wage whilst learning your trade and gaining skills and support that will set you up for a successful, rewarding and long-lasting career.
This role will see you working alongside highly skilled tradesmen to learn a broad range of skills within a successful hydraulic cylinder manufacturing and repair business. Based in the workshop, you will be involved with tasks such as:
- Stripping down equipment
- Evaluating equipment condition
- Diagnosing faults for repair
- Machining and engineering replacement parts
- Testing completed assemblies
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for committed and motivated applicants who have a genuine interest in starting a long-term trade career within the mechanical engineering industry. You will have an excellent attention to detail, a demonstrated aptitude for mathematics, ability to show initiative both individually and as part of a team, enthusiasm to learn, and a ‘safety first’ attitude.
- Have reliable transport to and from work in Wetherill Park (essential).
- Have completed minimum of Year 10 schooling with a solid performance in mathematics.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Be willing and eager to learn, follow instructions and able to demonstrate maturity in an industrial workshop environment.
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all theory and practical training modules of an apprenticeship.
Applicants who have completed a pre-trade course and/or work experience within the metals and engineering field will be very highly regarded.
Established in 1997, our host employer designs and manufactures hydraulic cylinders for the mining, refuse, material handling, construction and marine industries. As well as the manufacture and repair of industry standard cylinders, they can also design and manufacture custom cylinders to customer specifications.
To apply, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions, please phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.
MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
To apply for this job please visit www.migas.com.au.