Website Living My Way
Help those with disability live as independently as they choose!
Are you passionate about empowering people with Disability live as independently as they choose? Would you like to work for an established Not for Profit organisation who listens to their members and their staff? Are you a skilled Occupational Therapist with experience in the Disability or Community Sector?
Who We Are
Living My Way is a trusted member based not for profit organisation with over 25 years’ experience in supporting people with disabilities to live a self-directed life.
We take an individualised and holistic approach in empowering our members to live as independently as they choose.
We pride ourselves on being an honest and professional organisation with member representation on the board.
About the Role
Our Occupational Therapist is a full-time member of our support services team, managing the various case requirements of our members. Some of the key responsibilities include the following:
- Initial needs assessments for our members;
- Conduct assistive technology trials and produce reports for submission to NDIS;
- Conducting manual handling assessments and delivering training in our members home environment for their support workers; and
- Managing a case load including support co-ordination in line with the NDIS, which includes regular interactions with members.
This role will involve traveling between our Menai-based head office and our members in various locations across NSW, with the ability to work some hours from home. A company vehicle is available for these home visits.
The successful applicant will require:
- 2 years’ of experience in a similar role;
- A degree in Occupational Therapy and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS);
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and CRM systems, with a willingness to embrace new technology;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage own caseload on a daily basis;
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisational skills;
- Unrestricted NSW driver’s licence and access to motor vehicle with insurance.
Previous experience working within the disability sector is highly desirable but not a requirement.
- Competitive salary package of $70K – $85K base, plus super, plus additional payments for travel;
- Excellent salary-sacrifice options available, including ability to use part of your salary tax free to increase your take home pay;
- Company laptop and phone provided;
- Flexible working hours, including the ability to work some hours from home.
For further details on this exciting opportunity please contact Stephanie King – HR Consultant by email at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Stephanie@indreleconsulting.com.au