Website MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees
Find your future trade
- Kick-start your mechanical career
- Well-renowned Australian company
- Great team culture
- January 2018 start
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Automotive – Diesel Engine Technology via an apprenticeship of 4 years’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will work alongside a team of highly skilled tradesmen to learn all aspects of repair, servicing and maintenance of a portable hire fleet. Initially based in the workshop and expanding into site work later in the apprenticeship, you will work on equipment including (but not limited to) compressors, generators, portable light towers, traffic management systems and road transport vehicles.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for mature and hardworking candidates who are committed to developing their mechanical career through the completion of an apprenticeship. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to interact professionally with both co-workers and external customers. You will have a passion for mechanical work, an enthusiasm to learn and be willing to go the extra mile to impress.
- Hold a current driver’s licence with your own reliable transport to and from work in Eastern Creek (essential).
- Have a minimum of Year 10 schooling completion.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Be reliable, self-motivated, mature and willing to work.
- Be comfortable to perform physical tasks in sometimes demanding conditions.
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory-based training requirements of an apprenticeship.
- Applicants who have completed relevant pre-apprenticeship training or work experience within the mechanical or automotive trades will be very highly regarded.
Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.
Our premier host employer is the equipment /solutions hire specialists of diesel and electric air compressors, dryers and filtration, skid and trailer mounted silenced generators, lighting towers, traffic management equipment & sustainable event solutions. With 12 specialist branches located in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and South Australia, they can effectively service the entire east coast of Australia. They are committed to providing their customers with unrivaled service excellence and efficient solutions.
To apply, complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions, please phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.migas.com.au/jobs/view/mechanical-service-technician-apprenticeship-4488 →