Website Conservation Volunteers Australia
Inspiring change by connecting people with nature
GREEN ARMY with CONSERVATION VOLUNTEERS AUSTRALIA
Are you aged between 17 and 24, an Australian citizen or permanent resident and would like to be a part of a team that will make a REAL difference to the environment in your local community?
Would you like to be paid an allowance while gaining skills, training and experience that can help you enter the workforce, improve your career opportunities or further your education and training?
- 20 to 23 week programme, 30 hours per week
- Uniform provided (boots, pants, shirt, hat)
- Earn an allowance up to $16.61 per hour
- Gain a first aid certificate and safety certificate
- Gain accredited units in Conservation and Land Management
- Learn practical skills from environmental Rangers
- Potential employment opportunities
- Meet other people and experience working outdoors
Penrith – Multiple projects
These projects will mobilise Green Army participants and actively engage them in practical actions that support the restoration and protection of the critically endangered Cumberland Plain Woodland in Western Sydney. Teams will assist our project partners, NPWS, Greening Australia, Penrith City Council, Muru Mitigar and Mulgoa Landcare to improve the condition of vegetation within identified remnants improving important linkages within the critically endangered Cumberland Plain. With only 6% remaining, you’ll be making a real difference!
Projects start November 2017
Contact us on 4721 4725 or [email protected] for more info or apply directly on out website below:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://conservationvolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/xi68snp0mp2cia/def/Field7=Western20Sydney&Field68=E1684X710460C2A0-20Restoration20of2022Wallaroo2220-20Stage20Two&Save=Save& →