Website Bridging the Gap
· Be part of making a difference in the local community
· Increase your take home pay with salary packaging
Our client, Bridging the Gap (BTG) is seeking a professional to join their team in the role of Team Leader for Brighter Futures & Youth Hope programs.
Your new employer…
BTG is an independent, not for profit, community organisation who fosters a friendly, highly productive work environment. BTG is a Christian organisation so it’s important all staff adhere to the Mission and Values of the organisation. Applicants are encouraged to view these statements on their website:
Does your personal mission statement align with that of BTG: “To serve and build hope in those who are abused, neglected, lonely, disadvantaged or hurting in our community. We aim to equip, empower and grow children, young people and families.” If so, read on…
Your new job…
Reporting to the Program Manager, this role manages 6 staff in the Brighter Futures and Youth Hope teams.
The Brighter Futures and Youth Hope programs support families with children aged between 0-8 and 9-15 years in the provision of an integrated, child and young person focused case management service focused on resolving concerns for children’s safety, welfare and wellbeing and strengthening the family unit.
The role is Full Time at 37.5 hours per week and is permanent as funding allows. Salary will be paid in accordance with the NSW SCHADS Award and this role will be classified at Level 6, pay point to be determined based on experience. The role is based in St Marys and will require some travel as necessary. Pool cars are available for use however there may be occasions where use of a personal car may be required therefore a current driver’s license and a registered vehicle are required.
What you’ll need to succeed…
Your experience will include a strong background in child protection as well as evidence of successful team leadership. You will be passionate about supporting children and families and bring a sound knowledge of the community sector to the role.
As an integral member of the leadership team, you will share the vision, mission and beliefs of the organisation.
In your application, please ensure you address the following selection criteria…
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Social Work, Social Science, Counselling, or minimum 5 years’ experience working with vulnerable families
- Experience supervising staff working with high-risk families
- Thorough knowledge of Child Protection, and a working knowledge of issues relating to Family Violence, Parental Drug and Alcohol Misuse, Parenting Skills, Child Behaviour Management, Learning Difficulties, Parental Mental Health and Social Isolation
- Strong skills in assisting staff to identify children and young people at risk of harm, including completing safety assessments and safety planning
- Experience working with families via a strengths-based, solution-focused approach, within a child-centered, family focused service
- Demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial contact (including hard to engage families), build relationships of trust and cooperation, and resolve conflict
- Experience advocating and liaising with FaCS, completing the Mandatory Reporters’ Guide, making Risk of Significant Harm Reports
- Demonstrated experience working with clients from ATSI and CALD backgrounds
- Current NSW or National Driver’s Licence, and access to a registered vehicle
Are you a relational leader and consider yourself highly organized, with strong experience in child protection, then this may be the role for you!
What you’ll get in return…
· High level of diversity in role
· Excellent working environment
· Supportive work environment
· Clinical supervision
· Generous Salary Packaging Options
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume before the closing date.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, don’t delay, apply today!
Closing date: COB (5pm) Monday 29th January 2018
Previous applicants need not apply
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check as well as a recent Police Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org